ON CLEARANCE! NOW 40% OFF
Meet Ranch 01, Brooklyn Tweed’s first naturally dyed, breed- and ranch-specific, single batch yarn. It began with the sourcing of fine Rambouillet fiber at Bare Ranch in Surprise Valley, California, a ranch that produces Climate Beneficial Wool in partnership with Fibershed.
After shearing, the fiber was processed at Chargeurs in South Carolina, spun at Jagger Brothers in Maine.
To achieve a palette of 16 unique colors specially curated by Brooklyn Tweed and inspired by nature, Ranch 01 was then sent to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania to be naturally dyed by the Green Matters Natural Dye Company.
The fleece from these immaculate Rambouillet sheep produce a 21.8-micron count wool that feels cozy against the skin. The yarn is of worsted-spun construction to provide the right balance of strength and drape. Rambouillet sheep produce fleece with a crimp that is known for its bounce and elasticity.
Ranch 01 is a 3-ply yarn with substantial hand making it good for beautiful stitch definition in both stockinette and textured patterns.
- 140 yards | approx. 50 grams | worsted weight
- 100% Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia wool
- Dyed in Philadelphia. Spun in New Hampshire.
- 5 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 4½ mm (US 7)
- 4½ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5 mm (US 8)
- 4¼ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5½ mm (US 9)